The National Training Center Sports Performance Department offers a variety of programs, training sessions and assessments to assist athletes and teams from beginners to weekend warriors to Olympians in fine-tuning and enhancing their performance.
Our NTC Sports Performance staff is comprised of degreed exercise and coaching specialists to ensure individualized fitness programs and services.
The NTC is proud to be recognized nationally as a USA Triathlon Certified Performance Center.
Running & Cycling
- VO2 Max (Maximal Oxygen Uptake Analysis) – This is a test of aerobic fitness. The athlete will be taken through progressively more intense stages of running that will culminate in the athlete’s volitional maximum. Each stage lasts one minute and the end of the test is determined by volitional exhaustion. Data can be used to prescribe heart rate training zones, cycling power zones, and/or running pace zones. A full analysis of the data from the test is provided to the athlete and/or coach for use prescribing training.
- Lactate Threshold Analysis – This test is a progressive stage test wherein the athlete begins running or cycling at a moderate intensity. The test progresses every 3 to 4 minutes, increasing in velocity, power or pace. At each stage, a small amount of blood will be drawn from the athlete’s finger to determine blood levels of lactate. The test may either terminate at the athlete’s volitional maximum or to just above lactate threshold, whichever the athlete, coach and/or technician determine is necessary for appropriate analysis and application. This test is used for determining heart rate training zones, running pace zones and/or cycling power zones for endurance training. A fully analysis of the data from the test is provided to the athlete and/or coach for use prescribing training.
- Metabolic Efficiency Test (running) – This test assesses exactly what an athlete burns during exercise. The athlete will be taken through progressively more intense stages of running beginning at a low intensity. At each stage, the athlete’s percentage of carbohydrate and fat utilization will be determined. A full analysis of the data from the test is provided to the athlete and/or coach to tailor the individual’s macronutrient intake.
- Individual and Group Sport Performance Sessions – Whether training as an individual or a team, our sports performance professionals offer the expertise to help achieve your goals from lectures to training sessions, ensuring the sessions are geared toward specific objectives for the team or individual.
- Biometric Screening – This assessment requires the individual to be fasted to obtain a lipid profile and glucose reading. The assessment will also measure height, weight, blood pressure and heart rate. A full analysis of the data from the assessment is provided to the individual and it can be used to outline goals for a healthier lifestyle.
- Body Composition Analysis – The purpose of this assessment is to determine total body weight, lean body mass, and body fat %. The human performance lab staff member will administer a 7 site skinfold measurement and a bioelectrical impedance analysis to obtain the body composition data. A full analysis of the data from the assessment is provided to the individual and it can be used to outline goals for increased performance and/or a healthier lifestyle.
- Postural Assessment and Functional Movement Screen – This service includes a postural assessment and functional movement screen to assess your natural movement and identify asymmetries relating to tightness and weakness in the body. This test requires that the athlete perform a series of biomechanical assessments, some of which require him or her to challenge balance, proprioception, and range of motion. A prescription for corrective and/or performance-enhancing exercise will be given to the athlete based upon findings. Following the screening, you will receive a 60-minute private training session to learn corrective exercises to improve movement and gait mechanics to improve performance.
- Executive Assessment – This assessment is intended for our general population looking to obtain a better understanding of their overall health and level of fitness. The executive assessment includes the three services previously listed: Biometric Screening, Body Composition Analysis and Postural Assessment and Function Movement Screen. For more information regarding these services, please refer to the sections above.
- USA Triathlon Members: 20% on V̇O2 Max or Lactate Threshold with current USA Triathlon membership
- Discounts available for booking multiple services.